Friday, June 22, 2012

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

This is a ridiculously easy, fast and good-for-you breakfast.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

1 egg
1/4 cup Bisquick mix (I use the heart smart variety)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

Makes 2 large pancakes.


Mix in a bowl.

Batter looks lumpy and non-appetizing.


Place half of batter in a small to medium sized frying pan. Use butter, margarine, or any kind of oil. I use grapeseed oil in a Misto sprayer, just enough to barely coat the pan.


Flip when bubbly.


Slam dunk the pancakes into your stomach.

Verdict: Sooooo good. My husband claims he tastes a sourness in them, but I disagree. This recipe makes 2 hefty sized pancakes and is very filling. Obviously, scale up if you are cooking for more than yourself.

Ideas: I recommend putting cinnamon and/or nuts and/or fruit in the batter. Top with maple syrup and raspberries, or peanut butter and nutella. I want to try them made with cardamom and chocolate chips next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment